It was with great excitement and great surprise that I opened my emails yesterday to discover that I had been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Luisa from http://tetsukuri.wordpress.com : thank you Lovely Lady! Do check out Luisa’s fab blog from Tokyo, which is all about spare time and fun projects 🙂 You can also check out Luisa’s website: www.luisauribedesign.com if you are curious about what she does for a living 🙂
Being relatively new to blogging, I did a bit of google research on Blog Awards and I quickly discovered that they are a great way to share and spread a bit of friendship and support in blogland and they can provide a great opportunity to meet fellow bloggers from all over the world and see what inspiration other people are sharing!
The rules for accepting this Award are as follows:
- Display the award logo on your blog page.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
- Notify those bloggers of their nomination and the award’s requirements.
Here are my 7 random facts about myself:
- I love animals, particularly my two Border Collies and I have always had a secret desire since I was little to learn how to do sheep dog trialing. In fact, just having a very well trained dog would suffice (still aiming for that one! 😉 We also have some rare breed hens and a cockerel who has just learnt how to crow!
- I have two children, both girls, who are 3 and 10 and totally fab!
- I passed my Grade 8 piano exam when I was a teenager but I’m a bit out of practice these days although I still like to play when I get the chance (particularly carols at christmas!)
- I love being up high anywhere with a view, in the hills or mountains (but am actually a teeny tiny bit scared of heights!)
- I own a VW Camper Van, which is meant to be one of the last 3 air cooled vans ever made in Brazil (probably untrue but that was what we were told when we bought it from Ebay and we believed it at the time!)
- I would love to build my own house one day on my own plot of land in the countryside with a view *dreaming here I think* (and probably rescue lots of unwanted Border Collies).
- I have a degree in Geography from here but *really* would quite liked to have studied art or textiles and had a more creative career in another life!! 😉 I still have a great love for places and landscapes which influences my love of photography today.
The final step is to nominate other bloggers for the VIB award. As you know, I’m very new to blogging here at WordPress and I don’t know a lot of Bloggers yet, although I’ve been following quite a few blogs for quite a while and everyone has been so friendly and welcoming to me 🙂 There are several blogs here that have probably already received this award : apologies if you have and I’ve included you on my list! I’ve just decided to list a few that have inspired me on my path to Blogland and some other lovely blogs and bloggers that I’ve discovered more recently along the way. In alphabetical order:
Congratulations to you all and thanks again to Luisa at http://tetsukuri.wordpress.com for nominating me and introducing me to the fun of Blog Awards xx 🙂
Have a lovely week xx